Our ambition for FIEC Churches is that they become communities where every member is encouraged to grow as a follower of the Lord and use their life and gifts for His glory.
We want to help churches in their core work of discipling believers, but we’re not in the business of doing church leaders’ jobs for them. Therefore supporting and resourcing leaders in their task of “preparing God’s people for works of service” (Ephesians 4v11-13) is a fundamental aspect of our approach to whole-church training. This includes making known and available the following:
- Materials and training resources for small group leadership, children and youth ministry, men and women’s ministries and evangelism. For example, Learn 2 Lead, The Good Book Company, Sorted youth conferences, Christianity Explored, and Christian Conventions.
- Church-based and weekend residential theological and leadership training courses, such as Prepared for Service, Gospel Partnership Ministry Training Schemes, and The Proclamation Trust.
- Regional Leadership Training Days for elders and other church officers (to register an interest in such training please get in touch with Trevor Archer through our contact form).
- Local church Apprenticeship Schemes for all ages.
- Sharing models of best practice and other resources between FIEC churches.
We are working with both colleges and churches that provide theological and ministry training to ensure that they understand the particular needs and challenges of ministry in Independent Churches.
Starting in September 2012, a number of FIEC churches and individuals will be helped by the launch of Partners in Training. This scheme will provide financial help for employing and mentoring new gospel workers.
There has never been a clear 'route' into ministry for men and women from FIEC Churches, let alone a means of fellowship, networking and identity for those wishing to be trained for Independent church ministry. Now there is: it’s called The Hub Conference.
Prepared for Service is a two year part-time programme of training which provides teaching, pastoral care and practical experience for individuals with the support of their local church.