Forgotten your password? Click here

Please enter the email address associated with your account.


If you need advice on anything to do with Independent church life here in the UK then it's a good idea to come and talk to us first.

Advice primary image

FIEC Practical Services has often been the first point of call for churches seeking practical advice on all manner of subjects. In the past our advice was issued through the well-known forum of “Blue Pages”; a document posted to all of our churches every couple of months. However, it makes much more sense for this information to be collated and updated on our website so that you can more easily find the information you need. Notices of updates will be posted with the FIEC monthly News & Prayer, as well as on our News blog.

Click here to see a complete list of our advice resources.

Our experience of working with independent evangelical churches means that the advice we are able to offer to churches is formulated to cover all sorts of issues, ranging from employment to registration of churches to Charity Commission requirements. We look at each situation as it comes to us and offer a tailor made solution to the problems and requests that churches present to us.

If you need to contact us to discuss any aspect of church life for which you require advice, help or assistance, then please contact Emma Young on 01858 411569 or email [email protected]

FIEC Practical Services is the trading name of The Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches Limited (FIEC Ltd.). FIEC Ltd. is a Registered Charity in England and Wales No. 251395, a Company incorporated in England No. 225717, and a Charity Registered in Scotland SC039913.

  • Trusteeship primary image


    What do you do if your church has no one who wants to be a trustee or has experience of property? Who do you need to contact if you change your trustees?

  • Model documents primary image

    Model documents

    How do you draw up a contract of employment? What information needs to be in your church governing document? What kind of agreement do you need in place if we want to rent out church property?

  • Child protection primary image

    Child protection

    Children and vulnerable adults should be totally safe within our churches to learn about Jesus and to enjoy Christian fellowship without being put at risk. We do this primarily because it honours God, but we also want to make sure that we’re acting above reproach in the eyes of children’s parents, our communities and the government.

More from our strands

    • A church’s guide to Twitter (Part 2)

      Twitter can seem like a foreign country to the uninitiated. In this second instalment of our Guide to Twitter we’ll be thinking a bit about how you can avoid making a cultural faux pas.

      Read more

    • A church’s guide to Twitter (Part 1)

      This paragraph is 140 characters long. That’s the maximum length of a Twitter update, known as a ‘Tweet’. What possible use could that have?

      Read more

    • Apprenticeship Schemes in Churches

      It has become more and more common in recent years for churches to offer apprenticeships to people wishing to serve the church for a period – usually one or two years. This article explains the law in relation to this, as well as some...

      Read more

    • Legal Structures for Churches

      An outline of the main types of legal structure that Independent churches can adopt. This article is an appendix to Chapter 6 in the book 'Independent Church' but will also be useful if you haven't read the book.

      Read more

    • Gospel in the City 3

      In this final article in the series, Andy Paterson shares the need to be conspicuous for the pursuit of gospel humility.

      Read more

    • Gospel in the City 2

      In this second article of a three-part series, Andy Paterson explains why we need to be convinced by the place of the gospel church.

      Read more